Website development is a necessary basic skill in today’s interconnected world. Once you understand and familiarise yourself with the environment, you have the ability to create many other sites.
3 in 1, Web Development Workshop – Register your own Domain, Create a WordPress website and listed it on Google Search
Duration : 1 day, 9am-530pm
Learners would have the confidence in registering a domain name, creating their own website in WordPress and getting it listed on Google Search.
Lesson details :
- Register Domain Name
- Link Up Domain Name to Web hosting provider
- Understand the difference between shared hosting and dedicated hosting
- Install WordPress
- Navigate WordPress Dashboard
- Understand WordPress Terminology
- Configure WordPress Settings
- Create 4 web pages with sample data
- Edit text
- Insert link
- Understand the different image format
- How to search for free to use images
- Upload Image
- Insert image
- Edit image
- Create a WordPress menu
- Managing WordPress menu
- Understand what are Widgets
- How to deploy Widgets
- How to display Google Map in WordPress
- Install and configure a Contact Me Form
- Create a website Favicon
- Setup Google account
- Create a sitemap for Google Search Listing
Pre-course work :
- Need to have a domain name in mind and ready to register it
- The learner must pay for domain name and 12mths hosting services if they don’t already have one.
- Please bring along a valid working credit card.
- Learner must have a Gmail account
- Eligible for Skills Future. Otherwise, email us for course details
- Language ability: Must be able to understand and communicate in English
- Educational level: min O Level
To use your SkillsFuture Credit, pls signup here.